- Location: KB's Outdoor Powersports, Llc.
- Availability: In Stock
- Year: 2016
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Model: YZF-R3
- New/Used: New
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Clean
- Stock #: GK014671
- VIN: MH3RH06Y9GK014671
|Engine Type||DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore and Stroke||68.0mm x 44.1mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Ignition||Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Front Suspension||41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Rear Suspension||KYB® single shock; 4.9-in travel|
|Front Brakes||298mm hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brakes||220mm hydraulic disc|
|Seat Height||30.7 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal.|
|Dry Weight||Curb Weight: 368 lb.|
|Transmission||6-speed, wet multiplate clutch|
|Colors||Team Yamaha Blue/Matte Silver, Intensity White/Rapid Red, Matte Gray|
Welcome to R World.
Introducing the easiest way to enter the world of Yamaha R-series superbike performance. The R3 features a fuel-injected 321cc, engine; a slim, lightweight chassis for agile handling; and legendary Yamaha superbike styling.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: Large 321cc twin-cylinder engine offers excellent performance whether navigating cross-town traffic, hitting the twisties, or on the racetrack.
- Enviable Yamaha R-Series Styling: Yamaha supersport-inspired styling with a full fairing in a chassis that makes it perfect for first time riders or experienced riders who prefer a lightweight, nimble machine. And three beautiful coloring options are available which means there is a color choice that is right for you.
- Advanced Engine Design: Forged pistons—just like the R1 and R6—are very lightweight while providing exceptional strength. And innovative Yamaha features like the offset cylinders reduce friction for more power.
- Balanced Sportbike Ergonomics: The YZF-R3 features clip-on handlebars and a riding position that provides a great balance of comfort and sporty riding position.
- Compact, Confident Rider Seating: With a flat seat design and a seat height of only 30.7 inches on the YZF-R3, it’s easy to get both feet firmly on the ground and inspire confidence, especially for beginner riders.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: 321cc, liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the rpm range.
- High-Revving Sportbike Heritage: With a compression ratio of 11.2:1, the engine develops maximum power at 10,750 rpm for an exciting ride.
- Responsive Engine Architecture: With a 180 degree crank design, the engine provides minimized vibrations and a smooth running engine character through the rpm range.
- Modern Fuel Injection: Downdraft induction fuel injection system provides easy starts and smooth performance in all conditions.
- Advanced Cylinder Construction: Yamaha’s all-aluminum DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation, with an innovative offset cylinder design that reduces horsepower loss and improves both power and fuel efficiency.
- Strong and Lightweight Pistons: Forged aluminum pistons—the same technology used for the R1 and R6—means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures, ensuring reliability at higher rpm.
- Advanced Frame: Steel frame and swingarm designed around Yamaha’s extensive chassis expertise for a light and nimble, yet solid handling character.
- Potent Braking System: Powerful 298mm floating mount front disc brake ensure excellent stopping power, while a 220mm floating disc handles the braking performance on the back.
- Plush, Controlled Suspension: 41mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control.
- Sportbike-Spec Alloy Wheels: 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are both strong and high in style while reducing unsprung weight.
- Thorough Instrumentation: The multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock and an oil change trip meter.
- Yamaha R-Series Styling: Legendary Yamaha R-series styling and performance come standard! Great styling matched to excellent engine performance and chassis design are the hallmarks of Yamaha’s R-series—and YZF-R3 carries on the heritage with great results.
- Engine Type: 321cc liquid-cooled, DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed, wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: 298mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 110/70-17
- Tires / Rear: 140/70-17
- L x W x H: 82.3 in. x 28.3 in. x 44.7 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Wet Weight: 368 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.